Bcn Metropol Language School
Bcn Metropol has developped year after year dynamic Spanish language teaching methods.
LEARNING BY DOING
At BcnMetropol we belive in “learning by doing”. This means that students improve their Spanish, not just by studying grammar or vocabulary from a book, but by using the language in real-life situations.
A high priority to our school. Each week students are given
a writing assignment to be completed.
each class. Both formal and informal.
interesting topic to improve their reading comprehension.
6 LEVELS OF SPANISH COURSES
Designed and developed according to Common European Framework Reference and the Official Program of the Cervantes Institute:
- Level A1 = Beginner / principiante
- Level A2 = Lower-intermediate / pre-intermedio
- Level B1 = intermediate / intermedio
- Level B2 = Upper-intermediate / intermedio alto
- Level C1 = Advanced / avanzado
- Level C2 = Proficiency / superior
A Basic user
A1 Breakthrough or beginner
· Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs
of a concrete type.
· Can introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people they know and things they have.
· Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 Waystage or elementary
· Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
· Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
· Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
B Independent user
B1 Threshold or intermediate
· Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
· Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
· Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
· Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 Vantage or upper intermediate
· Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their
field of specialization.
· Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without
strain for either party.
· Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages
and disadvantages of various options.
C Proficient user
C1 Effective operational proficiency or advanced
· Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognize implicit meaning.
· Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
· Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
· Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns,
connectors and cohesive devices.
C2 Mastery or proficiency
· Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
· Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent
· Can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most